Finished in 1854, this was the first building of the complex. As the place where all production took place originally, it has become an icon of local industry and history.
Today the building is the object of conservative remodeling whose final design is under the guidance of the Spanish architect Ignacio Linazasoro and whose preliminary design was performed by Trentino architect Fabrizio Capuzzo. The construction work for the project will be the subject of a European tender in Spring 2012.
When complete, more the project will recover more than 10,000 square meters of office space. Thanks to a temporary remodeling, the 3000 square meters in the building are currently occupied by the fist companies to join Progetto Manifattura. The remodeling will be completed in two phases to allow the companies already present to move in to the renovated half when the time comes.